We have been informed that there is a new mass vaccination site being set up in York at Askham Bar.
This is a great resource for the area but we want to reassure our patients that we have more vaccines arriving to enable you to be vaccinated at the practice.
Some patients will receive a letter sent centrally from the NHS not the practice, inviting you to the York vaccine centre. Please be aware if you have your first dose at York you will need to travel again for the second dose.
We will contact you to offer you a vaccine as soon as it is your turn, as directed by national guidance
Do you have suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
Are you aged 65 or over? Or 50 to 64 with underlying health conditions? with symptoms within the past 14 days?
Please visit www.principletrial.org to find out how to take part in an Urgent Public Health Clinical Trial for COVID-19 Treatments
Flu Vaccines - Over 50 and Under 65
Following the government announcement we are now booking appointments for flu vaccines for patients over the age of 50 and under 65 who have not already had a flu vaccine, appointments are available on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th December between the hours of 9am and 3pm. To book an appointment please call the surgery on 01430 440225 and choose Option 5.
Please read the patient leaflet (link below) before you book your appointment: https://mhraproducts4853.blob.core.windows.net/docs/flublokv1
You will have heard much talk in the media about a covid vaccine. While we have at this stage very little information to share, local GP practices have agreed to be a part of delivering this vital service.
As soon as we have more detail, we will be in touch with you.
At this stage, please do not contact us as we don’t have any details, and are extremely busy with all the usual winter illnesses.
Join a COVID-19 clinical trial
The PRINCIPLE trial aims to find treatments that reduce hospital Admission and improve symptoms for people with COVID-19. You could be eligible to join if you have had these symptoms for fewer than 15 days:
- a continuous new or worsening cough
- a high temperature
- You are aged 50 to 64 with a pre-existing illness
- You are aged 65 and above
Find out more please visit
ACCESS TO THE SURGERY
First of all, the staff and GP’s at the health centre would like to say a huge thanks to all our patients for being patient and understanding during the last few months which has been a challenging time for all of us during this pandemic. Our aim has been to keep our staff and patients as safe as possible.
From Monday 3 August 2020 we are implementing the next phase allowing patients limited access to the surgery:
- Our doors will be open ONLY to:
Attend face to face appointments that are pre-booked
Wherever possible call the surgery rather than coming in person
- Our booking-in screen will not be in use so you will have to report to reception if you have a booked appointment.
- Only 2 patients will be allowed in at one time to queue for reception.
- Anyone bringing you to the surgery must wait outside.
- The waiting room will have minimal seating and spaces between the chairs.
- Can you please ensure you wear a face covering if attending the surgery.
- Our policy will remain in place where all consultations will be by telephone unless the GP or nurses have agreed for you to have a face to face appointment
- Our dispensary is open from 8am until 6.30pm and is now open over lunchtime for you to collect medication.
Thank you for assisting us by following the above process and we will keep you up to date with any further changes.
Engage Consult - link below
You can now contact the surgery using the link below using 'Request help from the surgery' this will allow you to request the following:
- Sick notes
- Queries regarding medical or insurance reports
PLEASE NOTE THIS SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR CLINICAL QUERIES
more information can be accessed via: